An Experienced And Compassionate Medical Malpractice Team
When you receive medical treatment at a hospital or another type of health facility, you have the right to expect professional and competent care. Unfortunately, many Missouri and Illinois medical facilities are dealing with rising patient loads, staff shortages and poorly trained personnel. This situation often leads to tragic and fatal errors. If you or a loved one has been a victim of the negligence or recklessness of a health care professional, it is important to speak with an experienced medical malpractice attorney to understand your rights and options.
One of the most complex practice areas in personal injury is medical malpractice. Your claim requires an attorney who thoroughly understands relevant malpractice laws, and who works with the required medical experts to prove a successful case. With over 100 years of combined litigation experience, the lawyers at Rogers Sevastianos & Bante LLP have the skills and more to handle your medical malpractice case in St Louis, St Charles, and communities throughout Missouri and Illinois.
Our award-winning attorneys have consistently earned the highest peer review ratings from premiere legal review services, such as Super Lawyers and Martindale-Hubbell. We understand that each client we serve is unique with specific needs and goals. We take the time to get to know you and thoroughly assess your case, so we can develop the most effective path toward a positive outcome.
Common Types Of Medical Malpractice
Whether you underwent a routine procedure or major surgery or your physician misdiagnosed your condition, medical negligence is an often complicated area of the law. Medical records, charts and notes must be obtained and reviewed. Our lawyers will thoroughly investigate all relevant information to create a solid case against negligent parties.
Our law firm handles all types of medical malpractice cases, including those involving:
- Misdiagnosis: When doctors or other medical professionals issue an incorrect diagnosis or no diagnosis at all, it leads to ineffective (and often harmful) treatments and costly delays. The end result is the worsening of the current condition, leading to further complications, and in the worst cases, wrongful death.
- Medication errors: If doctors, medical facilities and pharmacies issue incorrect prescriptions, prescribe the wrong dosages and/or fail to check the potentially adverse effects of multiple drug interactions, it can lead to serious injuries and even fatalities.
- Surgical errors: Even under the best of circumstances, there is always some level of risk whenever you go into surgery. In some cases, however, errors are made that can put the life of the patient in jeopardy. Examples include performing an incorrect procedure (often the result of a misdiagnosis), operating on incorrect body sites, or leaving instruments or other medical equipment inside the patient’s body.
- Birth injuries and defects: Failure to properly anticipate birth complications can lead to injuries and defects that often affect the child for the rest of his/her life. Medical negligence during the birthing process can lead to cerebral palsy, shoulder dystocia, Erb’s palsy, spastic quadriplegia and many other conditions.
- Nursing home abuse: A stunningly high number of our elders who deserve compassion and respect are being mistreated, neglected or abused in nursing homes throughout Missouri and Illinois. The growing elderly population and nursing home staff shortages have made this problem worse in recent years.
These are just some of the many issues we have seen in medical negligence cases. We strongly encourage you to seek legal counsel as soon as possible, as there are statute of limitations concerns.
Contact Our Dedicated Law Firm For A Free Consultation
The attorneys at Rogers Sevastianos & Bante LLP have in-depth knowledge of medical negligence and what it does to victims and their families. We will put our experience to work to hold the responsible parties fully accountable.
We know that you are under enormous stress with mounting financial and medical concerns, and we work hard to make the legal process as smooth and seamless as possible.
Based in St. Louis, Missouri, we are conveniently located across the street from the courthouse. Our fee structures are consistent with The Missouri Bar’s recommendations. You can reach us online or schedule your free initial consultation by calling (314) 354-8484.